Contributors: Rebecca Ansorge, Chris Dunsmore, McKay Felt, Alex Czaja, Ashley Toliver, Julia Matheson, Eric Adamson, Sam Cheney, Vi Khi Nao.
Saturday, May 19, 2012
Now calling for submissions for PaperNoise Volume 4!
1) Download and/or stream PaperNoise Mix v.4.
3) Create an original something inspired by or in response to PaperNoise Mix v.4.
Submissions may include but are not limited to the following: comics, short fictions, poetry, visual art, recipes, architectural building/floor plans, maps, letters, interviews, needle work, resentments, daily schedules, regrets, translations, critical essays, philosophical inquiries, mock dialogues, lists, real dialogues, threats, conspiracy theories, one-act plays, photographs, geometrical shapes, Mad Libs.
• Submissions should fit between 1 and 4 zine-sized pages (5.5" X 8").
• For text-based submissions, please use Word (.doc).
• Images should be in black & white and 300 DPI resolution digital format (JPG, BMP).
• Deadline is June 28. Not too too close, but not far away at all (get working!).
Send all submissions to email@example.com.
1) "Last Light" by Marisa Anderson (from The Golden Hour)
2) "May 23rd 2007" by The Kallikak Family (from May 23rd 2007)
3) "Second Phase" by The Kallikak Family (from May 23rd 2007)
4) "Third Phase" by The Kallikak Family (from May 23rd 2007)
5) "Lay Lay Off Faselam" by Avey Tare + Kria Brekkan (from Pullhair Rubeye)
6) "Pnom Gobal" by Robag Wruhme (from Thora Vukk)
7) "Lempijuoma: Talo" by Kemialliset Ystävät (from Harmaa Laguuni)
8) "This Will Pass" by M. Templeton & Aa. Munson (from Acre Loss)
9) "Fender Bender" by Kid Koala (from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
10) "Memory" by Caboladies (from Crowded Out Memory)
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
PaperNoise volume 6, “The Destroyer,” is a mini-zine of fiction, poetry and art with a noisier bent. Featuring Michelle Alba, Chris Dunsmore, Ryan Hall, Adelyn Hall, Cassie Kemp, Nick Francis Potter and Samuel Cheney, the pieces contained in “The Destroyer” are derived from a brief mix created specifically for the zine.
Buy on Etsy
Download PaperNoise Mix #3, AKA the Destroyer, below:
Monday, June 27, 2011
If you like picking up on hotties, How’s It Cookin’, Good Lookin’ is the perfect zine for you. Julia Matheson pours her soul into the art of starry eyed crush-speak and the pick-up lines ( with the occasional "yo mamma" joke) that engender such things as love and true love. Coupled with her offbeat illustrations, How’s It Cookin’, Good Lookin’ is both good lookin’ and cookin’…with over-the-top funniness and a heart of popcorn
.Buy on Etsy
Little Expressionless Film is your new favorite chapbook about independent filmmaking. The tallness of author Alex Czaja gives him the perfect bird’s eye on all the happenings of his fictitious sets and location spots and everything and other things as well. Fragmented into five parts, Czaja blesses the world with the fresh distinction of his prose, the formal disjunction of his narrative and the other stuff that he writes about and stuff. Buy Little Expressionless Film so that you can say you read Czaja back when.
Buy on Etsy
Spenser Conrad Goar is really into knights. He maintains an enormous collection of medieval broad swords and a fair collection of early-period Gallic armors. He’s also way into bejeweled pewter dragon miniatures and stuff like that. And, as it so happens, he’s pretty into contemporary avant garde poetry as well. Red Ink is the melding of those two worlds of interest and a promise that someday soon PaperNoise will have a lawsuit on its hands.
Buy on Etsy